This Oven Cold Cream Cheese Pound Cake was Bake Along #11. And this had a speciality too!! You needn't preheat your oven like you do when baking normally. Just cream and mix the ingredients and pop it into your oven....simple!
A pound cake is a type of cake traditionally baked with a pound of four main ingredients: flour, butter, eggs and sugar. You could add different flavours or dried fruits for a variation. In this pound cake, I added cream cheese too and guess what I got-- an utterly delicious and yummy yummy cake!!
Cake flour- 115 gms
Butter - 115 gms, softened
Cream Cheese - 115 gms, softened
Baking powder - 3/4 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 1 cup
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- NO PREHEATING the oven!!
- Butter and flour a loaf pan and line the bottom with butter paper.
- Place softened butter and cream cheese in a bowl and beat using an electric beater until soft and mixed well.
- Add sugar and then eat for about 5 minutes on medium high speed until pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs one by one and beat well for about a minute, after each addition.
- Add the vanilla essence and beat well until combined.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add the flour mixture into the batter and beat for about 30 seconds until the flour is fully incorporated into the batter.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake in a COLD OVEN at 160C for about 60-65 mins or until the top is golden brown and a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean.