Well....my favorite month is here!!Yippee!!And I have lots and lots of baking coming up!!In fact, starting with this post, I am hoping to bake something new every week until Christmas!!And so to start off, here is my first recipe for you--Swiss Roll...
Recipe Adapted from: Cake by Rachel Allen
Castor sugar- 100 gm
Eggs - 4
Plain flour - 100 gm
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Mixed berry jam - 3-4 tbsp
Whipped cream - 1 box
Icing sugar - for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Butter the sides of a Swiss roll tin and line the base with baking paper.
- Beat the sugar and eggs in a large bowl with the help of an electric beater for several minutes until light, thickened and tripled in size.
- Sift the flour and baking powder over the mixture.
- Fold in until just combined.
- Pour it into the prepared tin and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until just springy to touch in the center.
- Remove from the oven and leave the tin to cool down for 5 minutes.
- Dust icing sugar on the top of the sponge. Make sure the sugar is dusted on every part of the sponge.
- Take a towel slightly larger than the tin and spread on top of the tin. Quickly flip the Swiss roll tin over onto the towel. Carefully remove the tin and the baking paper from the bottom of the sponge.
- Roll the sponge along with the towel and keep aside for it to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the whipping cream according to the instruction on the packet.
- Once the sponge is cooled, unroll it and spread the jam all over the sponge.
- Next, add a dollop of whipped cream and spread it all over the sponge.
- Carefully roll up the sponge again, without the towel.
- Dust with icing sugar on the top and refrigerate it!