It was only recently, when decluttering my pantry, I realised I had a bottle of unopened coffee liqueur which my friend got it for me from Goa last year..... Then, as usual searched for a recipe and found out one from my collections....So, here it is Coffee Liqueur Muffins! According to the book, its an after-dinner muffins, but we loved it with our cup of evening-tea.......
Recipe Source:Coffee by Parragon Books
Instant coffee granules - 2 tbsp
Boiling water - 2 tbsp
Plain flour - 280 gm
Baking powder - 1 tbsp
Pinch of salt
Light brown sugar - 115 gm
Eggs - 2
Milk - 100ml
Butter - 85 gm, melted and cooled
Coffee liqueur - 6 tbsp
Oil or melted butter, for greasing
- Preheat oven to 200 C. Line a muffin tin with muffin case.
- Put coffee granules and boiling water in a cup and stir until dissolved. Leave to cool.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the brown sugar.
- Lightly beat the eggs in another bowl. Beat in the milk, butter, dissolved coffee and liqueur.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the beaten liquid ingredients. Stir gently until just combined; do not over-mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin paper cases. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes until well risen, golden brown and firm to touch.
- Leave the muffins in the tin for 5 minutes. Then serve warm or leave to cool on a wire rack.