Rose Meringue Cookies....my way to support Pink October or Pinktober. Every year, October is the National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Each year campaigns are conducted internationally to increase awareness and raise funds for the research. The campaigns offers information and support to all those affected by breast cancer.....
Recipe Adapted from: Priya's Versatile Recipes
Egg large whites - 3
Caster/ superfine sugar - 3/4 cup
Salt - 1/8 tsp
Rose essence - 1/4 tsp
Vanilla essence - 1/4 tsp
Pink food color - 1/4 tsp
- Pre-heat oven to 160 C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Clean a glass bowl with vinegar. In the bowl, beat the egg whites on low-medium speed with a hand-held beater until foamy.
- Add salt and continue to beat the whites until they hold soft peaks.
- Then add sugar, a little at a time, and continue to beat, on medium-high speed, until the meringue holds very stiff peaks.
- Beat in the vanilla essence, rose essence and the pink food color.
- Place a little of the meringue on the underside of each corner of the parchment paper to prevent the paper from sliding.
- Transfer the meringue to a pastry bag fitted with a rosette tip. Pipe them, not leaving much space, as they won't spread.
- Bake the meringues for 45 minutes to 1 hour. The meringues are done when they are pale in color and fairly crisp. The meringues will release easily from the parchment paper.
- Turn off the oven and open the door a crack, and leave the meringues in the oven to finish drying completely.