The Mango season is here and is about to finish.... And I wanted to make something with them before they disappear from the market..... Previously, I had made a verrine, a milkshake and baked a cake, but never a pudding.... So when I saw this pudding recipe on Sharmis Passions, I knew this was it!!! I used Banganapalli mangoes.....
Recipe Source: Sharmis Passions
Mangoes - 2 medium
Mango - 1/4 cup chopped
Sago - 1/3 cup
Sugar - 3 tbsp
Milk - 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup
Condensed milk - 1/4 cup
- Soak sago in water (till immesing level) for an hour. Rinse it to remove excess starch.
- Boil water and add sago to it. Cook sago till it is soft and transparent. Keep stirring otherwise it will stick to the bottom.
- Once cooked, drain the water and wash again in running water. Drain water completely and set aside.
- In a mixer, add mangoes, sugar and 1/4 cup milk and blend it to a smooth paste.
- In a bowl, add remaining 1/2 cup milk and mango pulp and mix well without lumps. Then add the condensed milk.
- Mix well with a whisk. Add cooked sago little by little and mix well.
- Now add chopped mangoes and give a quick mix.
- Chill for an hour and served chilled.