Back from my 2 months hibernation with a delicious Chocolate Banana Cake/ Banana Chocolate Cake, whichever way you like it to be called... *smiles*.... We had this cake from a hotel that we had stayed during our holidays and we, especially the kids loved it!!! Though not the exact replica of the original cake we had, this one did have some similarities somewhere.
Recipe Source: Nigella
Chocolate - 75 gms
Butter, softened - 110 gms
Brown Sugar/Caster Sugar - 125 gms
Eggs - 2
Self-raising flour - 125 gms
Baking powder - 1tsp
Cocoa - 1 tbsp
Bananas -4 small, peeled and mashed
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate on low in a microwave oven.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in eggs one by one, beating all the time.
- Add the sieved flour, baking powder and cocoa, followed by the melted chocolate and mashed bananas. Stir together.
- Pour into the prepared loaf tin and bake in the preheated oven for 50-55 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for about 5 mins before removing.