The summers are here!!! The temperatures are soaring and so are the electricity bills *winks*...... Now, who wouldn't love an ice cream in this hot season!! And, if it's homemade, it would be double deliciousness..... So here is an ice cream recipe for you to enjoy! Well, my first try was a success! So, you can expect more on this space *smiles*..... "Watch out" *winks*....
Recipe Source: Padhus Kitchen
Full-fat Milk - 500ml
Granulated sugar - 3/4 cup
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Cornflour - 1 tbsp
Gelatin/agar agar/china grass - 1 tsp
Dairy cream - 1 cup
- Keep the freezer setting to the maximum.
- Mix cornflour in 2tbsp of cold milk and keep aside.
- Soak gelatin in 2tbsp lukewarm water for 5 minutes. Then stir it over a bowl of warm water until it dissolves.
- Boil the milk until it reduces a little. This helps to prevent ice crystal formation.
- Add sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Reduce the flame and mix corn flour, stirring continuously. When the milk thickens, switch off the flame.
- When the milk is lukewarm, add the gelatin and mix well. Chill in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Then add the cream and vanilla essence and beat with an electric beater at low speed for a few minutes, keeping the vessel over a bowl of ice cubes. (Never use mixie)
- Pour it in an aluminum tray or in a box with lid and keep it in the freezer. Once half set, take it from the freezer and beat it for a few minutes and pour it back into the box and freeze again.
- Beat like this for 2-3 times to get a creamier ice cream.
- The ice cream is ready once it sets. Allow it to thaw for 5 minutes before serving.