Chocolate chip blondies, a perfect tea time snack with hot tea/coffee/milk..... The kids had it with their milk and they equally loved it. You could bake it in a square tin and then cut them into bars or baked in muffin cups like I have done!
Recipe Source: myrecipes.com
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Unsalted butter - 8 tbsp
Brown sugar - 1 cup, packed
Egg, large - 1
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Milk chocolate chips - 1 cup
Chopped walnuts - 3/4 cup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F/190 C.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin with butter or line with paper muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Stir with a fork to combine.
- Melt butter in microwave and stir in the brown sugar. Let cool slightly. Then stir in egg and vanilla essence until smooth. Stir in flour mixture, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Portion out a little less than 1/4 cup batter into each muffin cup and smooth tops with a spatula.
- Bake until set for 15-20 mins. Let them cool completely on a wire rack before removing from the pan.