It's been ages since I have baked a cookie!! The last I had baked were the Chocolate cookies. So, decided to bake one. The original recipe adds chopped walnuts in the cookie..... Since we are not walnut lovers, I decided to skip that part....
Recipe Adapted from: Chocolate by Parragon Books
Unsalted Butter - 1/2 cup
Light brown sugar - 1/2 cup, generous
Castor sugar/Granulated sugar - 1/2 cup, scant
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Instant coffee granules - 1 tbsp, dissolved in 1 tbsp hot water
Egg - 1
All- purpose flour - 1 1/2 cups
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
White chocolate chips - 1/2 cup, scant
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease the cookie sheets.
- Put the butter, light brown sugar and castor sugar in a bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Then add the vanilla extract, coffee and egg one by one and beat until fluffy.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda into the mixture and fold in carefully.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon heaping teaspoonfuls of the cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, allowing room for the cookies to spread.
- Bake for 10-15 mins, until crisp on the outside but still soft inside.
- Let cool on the cookie sheets for some time and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.