Finally, one of my bookmarked recipe sees the limelight. I had jotted this recipe from Swapna's Cuisine few months back, but had completely forgot about it. Few days back, I had a few over-ripened bananas (a usual thing in my home) and when I was wondering as to what to do with those, I remembered about this recipe. When I checked out the ingredients in the recipe, I found I had everything, and viola the Chocolate Banana Bread got baked.....
Recipe Source: Swapna's Cuisine
All purpose flour - 230 gm
Cocoa powder - 30 gm
Granulated white sugar - 200 gm
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Chocolate chips - 1 cup
Egg - 1
Yoghurt - 2 tbsp
Unsalted butter - 1/4 cup
Bananas - 3 ripe
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Butter and flour the bottom and sides of a loaf tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mashed bananas, egg, yoghurt, melted butter and vanilla.
- With a spatula, lightly fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients in the large bowl until just combined and batter is thick and crunchy,
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the top of the batter with brown sugar, which is purely optional.
- Bake for 55-60 mins, until the bread had risen and baked properly or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Place it on a wire rack to cool and remove from the tin.
Well, I seriously don't understand why this is called a bread when it has the texture and taste of a cake!!! *smiles*