Apple Smoothie


The summers are becoming unbearable; the sun is shining down in its full glory. I have started skipping my evening tea or coffee with something cool. I normally go in for cold water or some cold fresh juices. My kids too have started skipping their hot milk for milkshakes or cold milk.


Though I have had smoothies from cafes or restaurants, I am not a great lover of those as they are calorie-laden drinks. But, I wanted to try out smoothies for my kids. I searched for a healthy smoothie recipe for kids and found out many on Food Viva. Since I had few apples in hand, I tried out the Apple Smoothie, to begin with.....


Ingredients:
Recipe Adapted from: Food Viva

Fresh Apples - 2, cored and chopped
Milk - 1 cup
Curd - 1/2 cup
Honey - 2 tbsps
Ground cardamom - a pinch
Golden raisins - few, to garnish

Method:
  • Put the chopped apples, curd, ground cardamom and honey in a blender and blend until smooth.
  • Add milk and blend it again for a few seconds.
  • Pour prepared smoothie in a serving glass and serve with ice cubes.

Tips:
  • You could blend ice cubes along with milk but optional especially for kids.
  • You could use ground cinnamon instead of cardamom.

Sending my smoothie for Aparna's Black and White Wednesdays...