Ultra Moist Chocolate Cake

I had been searching for a chocolate cake recipe for the past few days and found many but none to my requirements!!! Yesterday, by chance I found this extremely easy chocolate cake recipe on Maria’s Menu. Didn’t give any further thoughts…with my apron on, gathered all the required ingredients and bakewares from here and there and I was all set for baking this Ultra Moist Chocolate Cake.


The month of March is a month of birthdays in my family. In fact, each week we have some or  the other celebrating their birthdays. So this post is dedicated to my two uncles, to my cousin and to my little niece who are celebrating their birthday in the first week of this month...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!


Ingredients:
Recipe Source: Marias Menu
Milk - 1 1/2 cups
Butter - 100 gms
Oil - 1/4 cup
Coco powder - 1/2 cup
Self raising flour - 1 cup
Egg - 1 beaten at room temperature
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 250 gms

Method:
  • Preheat oven to 180 C.
  • Heat together milk, butter, oil and coco powder till the butter melts. Keep aside and allow it cool to room temperature.
  • Add the flour, baking soda, sugar and the beaten egg to the cooled wet ingredients.
  • Beat the above mixture using a hand mixer, till it is mixed well.
  • Pour the mixture into a greased cake tin and bake for 15-20 mins. In a microwave, bake at 600 W for 10-15mins.

Since, this is an ultra moist cake, be careful while unmoulding it from the cake pan. I served this cake as a dessert along with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream and believe me, it was irresistable!!! So, keep aside all the diet plans and indulge!!! *winks*