Happy New Year 2012
Hi dears....I know it's late, but "Better late then never" *smiles*....So how was your Christmas and New Year???Hope you guys had fun!!!What are your new resolutions for this year??As for me, I had spent my X'mas n New Year back at home with my parents silently....no resolutions (since I don't stick to any!); just prayers that this year is gonna be a good one too....*smiles*
I was wondering what I would bake first in the New Year.....went through many recipes and finally spotted this particular recipe of a simple and delicious dessert by Ria Jobin.....I got this recipe of hers from Vanitha....You could also find this in her blog. But unfortunately, the pictures didn't come out quite well...it was a total disaster!!Will surely re-post with better pictures asap....
Recipe source: Ria's collection
1. Mascarpone cheese - 100gm
2. Amul cream - 150gm
3. Instant coffee (strong) - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 2-3 tbsps
4. Chocolate cake/brownies - 4 slices
5. Sugar syrup - 1/4 cup
- Prepare the syrup by boiling equal quantity of sugar and water. Let it cool.
- Beat the mascarpone cheese softly.
- Beat the fresh cream till fluffy. Add sugar and coffee and mix well. Add this mixture to the cheese and incorporate. This is the mocha cream.
- Next, slice the cake (depending on the shape of the glass used) and place a small slice in the glass. Pour some syrup on it to soften the cake.
- Then, pour the mocha cream on the cake.
- Again, keep a slice of the cake on the mocha cream and repeat the above process.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Decorate according to your imagination and serve cool.