We both carve for something sweet after our lunch and dinner, anything sweet, even a small bar of chocolate would do! Normally, we buy them and stock. But now-a-days, we don't like the ones bought from the shops. So, I decided to make a 'home-made' sweet for a change....*smiles*....I searched the blogs I have bookmarked and found a relatively easy-to-make recipe on SpicyTasty.
Milk Fudge/Doodh Peda is so simple yet a tasty sweet!!Normally, these are made from paal kova but here we use condensed milk and milk powder. Believe me this is one of the easiest sweet which you can make at home as it takes less than half an hour to make it.
Recipe Source: Spicy & Tasty
Milk Powder - 2 cups
Condensed Milk - 1 tin
Butter (unsalted) - 1 stick
Nuts - 1/4 cup (I used almonds and raisins)
Cardamom - 6 (grind only the seeds)
Saffron - a pinch
- Microwave the butter stick in a wide bowl for a minute.
- Now add the milk powder and condensed milk and just fold everything.
- Microwave on high (900W in my oven) the whole mixture for 3-4 mins and every other minute take it out and mix it gently and evenly.
- Finally add the ground cardamom powder and saffron into it.
- After that let it cool until you can handle the mixture in your hand.
- Take a wide plate and grease it, so that the pedas don't stick on the bottom of the plate.
- Now make round balls out of the mixture using your hand and flatten them to form pedas.
- Decorate them with nuts of your choice.