When it comes to eating carrots, most of the kids are quite hesistant....(The same is the case at my home too *smiles*). So, the only way to make my kids eat carrots is through this sweet dish.
Recipe Source: http://www.indobase.com/
Carrots - 1 1/2 kg
Condensed Milk - 200 gm
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder - 2 tsp
Grated cashew nuts and almonds - handful
- Wash and grate the carrots finely.
- Transfer the grated carrots to a pressure cooker.
- Cook for about 2 mins.
- Remove the lid of the cooker and allow the excess water to evaporate.
- Keep churning the carrots occassionally.
- Pour the condensed milk and ghee over the cooked carrots.
- Simmer till all are well blended.
- Remove from the flame.
- Sprinkle with grated cashewnuts, almonds and cardamom powder.
- Carrot Halwa is ready to serve.