I prepared this cake to celebrate my son's first term holidays!!!I did'nt want to bake a chocolate cake, but at the same time my kids should love it too....I baked this Butter Cake and to make it appealing to the kids I decorated it with some ready-made chocolate icing and gems.
I had a tin of Pillsbury Chocolate Icing and some Cadbury Gemsin my shelf. So, used both to attract my kids and they loved it!!!
Recipe Source: Divya's Easy Cooking
Maida - 2 cups
Baking powder - 2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Butter - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Eggs - 3
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
Milk - 1 cup
- Sift together maida, baking powder and salt thrice.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one by one and beat well.
- Mix in vanilla essence and beat well.
- Add flour in batches alternating with milk.
- Mix well till you get a smooth batter.
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Grease cake tin with some butter and dust flour.
- Pour the batter into the tin and bake at 180 C for 25-30 mins or till done.