I have read about cookies in various books and blogs, but haven't tried though it was much easier to bake. Since it was my first cookie baking, I needed a simple and easy recipe. Found this recipe from one of the blogs-Thattukada. It tasted good except that some got burned since I added more sugar and honey than what is needed. So, when baking a cookie, never add more than what is given in the ingredients.
Honey Drop Cookies
Recipe Source: Thattukada
Maida - 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Egg - 1
Sugar - 1/3 cup
Salted butter - 3 tbsps
Honey - 2 tsp
Vanilla Essence - 1/4 tsp
- Sift the flour and baking powder together. Add a pinch of salt if you are using unsalted butter.
- In another bowl, whisk the butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- To the butter, add the egg and beat well.
- Add in the essence and honey and mix well.
- Add the sifted flour and mix well.
- Pre-heat the oven at 300 F.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and grease with butter.
- Drop by half tsp of batter to the pan. Make sure to leave enough space between each drop of the batter as it would increase in size.
- Bake for around 12-15 mins until the cookies are golden brown.