One of my favorite cakes is the Black Forrest Cake. So decided to give it a try. Unfortunately, I did'nt get fresh whipped cream, so had to use simple fresh cream which wasn't sweet. So this was the flaw of this cake. But once I get hold of the whipping cream (a rare product), I would definitely try it once more. So, watch out for a better picture of the cake.
Black Forrest Cake
Maida - 225 gms
Sweetened condensed milk - 400 gms
Cocoa powder - 2-3 tbsps
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Cooking soda - 1 tsp
Butter - 125 gms
Aerated cola drink - 200 ml
Salt - a pinch
Dairy milk chocolate - 125 gms
Fresh whipped cream - 250 gms
Cherries - 10
- Melt the butter in a thick bottom pan on a very low flame. Remove and cool.
- Add condensed milk to it and mix well.
- Sift maida, cocoa powder, baking powder, cooking soda and salt together. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Grease a baking tray with butter and dust it with maida and keep aside.
- Take a pan with little butter and put the maida mixture and the condensed milk mixture into it.
- Add aerated cola and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the greased tray and bake for 30-40 mins in an oven and for 20 mins in a microwave oven.
- When done, let it cool on a wire rack. Slit it horizontally into two.
- Whip the cream till light and fluffy.
- Apply the whipped cream on the two layers of the cake and decorate with cherries.
- Top the cake with whipped cream and cherries.
- Grate dairy milk chocolate bar and sprinkle over the cake.
- Serve it chilled.
The recipe source of this cake is unknown. However, I found a somewhat similar recipe in Divya's Blog- Easycooking. So have a look.